CONFERENCE & BANQUETING OPERATIONS MANAGER
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION:
The role of the Conference & Banqueting Operations Manager is responsible for the day to day management of the conference and banqueting department. You will have good management skills, a standards focus, budgeting, financial and administration skills a long with a very hands on approach which is also essential.
You will ensure and undertake the development, training and coaching of your team to ensure standards are maintained and further developed. You will also ensure superior customer service is delivered at all times.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Day to day management of the C&B operations.
• Leading and motivating every member of the team, implementing a positive customer culture and ensuring that every team member delivers the highest standards of service at all times.
• Maximising profitability and sales opportunities, identifying trends and developing new offers and promotions around them.
• Developing daily, weekly and seasonal promotions. Identifying peaks and troughs and taking steps to fill spare capacity.
• Ensuring that company systems, standards and procedures are implemented and followed at all times.
• Conducts daily briefing with team members before every service, concerning C & B, events, special requirements, VIPs etc.
• Responsible for the maintenance, security, cleanliness and appearance of the C&B department, both front and back of house.
• Responsible for the delivery of C&B related training on Company Standards, Personnel Development Plan, 3 months reviews, Annual Appraisal and appraisals set for each team member.
• To provide accurate rotas at least four weeks ahead of the business.
• To liaise with the M & E Sales/Events/Reservations departments to ensure customer requirements are met at all times.
• Management of your team's: welfare; recruitment; training; supervision; development via formal processes and company procedures.
• Management of and full responsibility for all relevant HR, fiscal, legislative and administrative duties and a responsibility to attend relevant meetings as the role dictates.
• Control of all departmental sales, costs, payroll, operating expenses, capital expenditure and budgets.
• To comply with all statutory legal requirements and all Company regulations relating to health & safety, food hygiene, & emergency procedures and actively promote and ensure all staff adhere to any policies and procedures in place.
• To be fully conversant with and ensure hotel and staff comply with all liquor licensing law.
• To monitor all staffing levels and rotas to ensure wage costs are kept within budget or relative to forecasted revenue, whilst managing holidays in line with the business needs, ensuring the correct procedures are followed for forecasting rotas and completing timesheets.
• To ensure there are sufficient levels of operating equipment to meet the needs of the business by completing quarterly stock counts in all food and beverage outlets.
• To assist operationally in other departments when required.
• To attend training courses or additional meetings when requested in advance.
• To maintain good working relations with all other Heads of Department.
• To effectively deal with any customer complaints or negative comments relating to C & B.
• To participate in Duty Management shifts as rostered and ensure smooth operating of the hotel.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
• Hardworking, motivated and not afraid of a challenge
• Highly organised, particularly in terms of paperwork and reporting
• Up to date knowledge and experience of implementing statutory regulations
• Have a proven track record of mentoring and developing talent within the operation
• Demonstrate good skills to increase sales & profitability within all areas of the business
• Possess excellent communication skills, both written & verbal, with guests, colleagues & senior management.Be passionate about the hospitality industry & possess the drive to constantly deliver top-class customer service.
• Demonstrable experience in recruitment, selection, training and development of team members.
• Someone with excellent people skills, hardworking, committed and organised, previous experience with standard implementation and team training essential.
• Will show an ability to manage a busy workload while engaging and inspiring those around you to provide a great guest experience.
• Strong commercial acumen.
• Up to date knowledge of statutory regulations.
• A proven track record in excellent service delivery and achieving goals and objectives.
• Well-presented, a natural people person with a charismatic flair that enchants both customers and team members alike.