My client, a builders merchants in Shipston on Stour is looking for FLT/Yard Operative to join their team.
Monday to Friday 8.00am - 5.00pm (1 hour for lunch)
Saturday - 8.00am - 12.00 noon (working one in two)
Annual salary: £19,369
23 days per year holiday + bank holidays (excluding Good Friday)
Job title: FLT / Yard Operative
Reporting to: Yard Supervisor
Based at: Shipston
Job purpose summary: To fulfil customer orders and ensure goods are safely and efficiently loaded and unloaded.
1. Pick and wrap goods for delivery and ensure they are ready to be loaded on to vehicles, which may involve manual handling and forklift operation.
2. Ensure delivery vehicles are loaded safely, efficiently and with the correct goods.
3. Make sure supplier vehicles are unloaded safely, efficiently and goods are checked off against delivery note and any discrepancies marked on paperwork and reported to your line manager immediately.
4. Put delivered materials away into their specified location as soon as possible and safely.
5. Make sure IBT requests are picked and wrapped on the correct days ready to be sent to the requesting branch.
6. Serving customers with yard/warehouse based products, involving manual handling and forklift operation.
7. Maintain a safe and tidy working environment
8. Carrying out any reasonable request from the Management Team.
Forklift licence preferred
Face to Face customer service experience
Previous experience in a builders merchant, retail &/or warehouse environment prefered
Good communication skills essential
Self-motivated with the ability to work on own initiative
Ability to work as part of a team
Numerate with good attention to detail
Reasonable degree of physical fitness required for the role as it involves manual handling
Staffpoint is an equal opportunities employer who is acting as a recruitment business with regards to this role.
By applying for this job, your details will be added to the Staffpoint database.