Reporting to the Head Chef, the Senior Sous Chef will demonstrate and help maintain high standards that consistently exceed the expectations of guests.
They control the resources, manage the processes and cultivate the understanding of good food throughout the hotel / restaurant.
Minimum of 2 years experience required in fine dining or upscale restaurant to a 2 rosettes standard.
• Professional, articulate, friendly, and punctual.
• Possesses and exhibits the drive to provide exceptional service.
• Full time flexible hours are required (able to work days, nights, weekends, holidays).
• Able to work at a rapid pace while maintaining attention to detail; ability to multi-task
• Must have good supervisory skills.
• Must have good communication with cooks and front of house.
• Must have teaching and motivational skills.
• Must be flexible and able to adjust to meet the changing needs of guests.
• Must maintain a level of professionalism and communicate effectively.
• Must show enthusiasm for the job, the restaurant and the hotel.
• To be in control and aware at all times of food costs percentages.
• To assist with the preparation of budgets and aim to achieve the budgeted gross profit.
• To assist with the management of the department’s payroll, staff rotation and the kitchen cleaning schedule.
• To provide training and development for department staff in kitchen procedures.
• To provide and record a program of basic training for all new members of staff and to communicate performance and development issues on a regular basis.
• To ensure the kitchen is run in the same professional manner when the Head Chef is not on duty. To liase with the Head Chef and implement new menus.
• To ensure all statutory regulations are adhered to, and to ensure that all employees are trained to uphold the conditions of the food hygiene policies.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £22,000.00 to £28,000.00 /year