My client, a provider of world class design and manufacturing in the light urban leisure and resort transportation environments is looking for Mechanical Fitter/Assembler.
To assemble and fit components of various materials types to manufacture bespoke leisure transport vehicles.
• Referring to basic engineering drawings and verbal instruction in the manufacture of one-off and small batch assemblies. You will be assembling a wide variety of components using standard and specialist tools
• Using a variety of hand and power tools to assemble a wide variety of large and small fabricated components Basic testing of final assemblies
• Have extensive experience of working as a mechanical fitter or assembler within an engineering manufacturer
• Be able to demonstrate competency in using hand and power tools using a
• wide variety of materials, for example steel, aluminium, fibreglass, wood Have the ability to learn new skills
• Be able to read and interpret engineering drawings
• Have a high degree of pride and finesse
• Be able to handle finished components
• Hydraulic and pneumatic experience preferable but not essential
• High and low voltage electrical experience preferable but not essential
• Brilliant organisation, planning and time management skills
• Be a highly motivated individual
• Excellent communication skills Self-motivating
• Demonstrate a 'can do' positive attitude.
• Reliable & trustworthy
Able to work on own initiative and exhibit characteristics of strong self-discipline Able to work with others in order to develop aims of the business, flexible and able to adapt to working in a demanding environment Flexibility is required to suit the needs of the business
Willingness to travel domestically and overseas if required UK Driving License
£9.75 subject to experience plus pension
Monday to Thursday 8am to 5pm, with 1/2 hr lunch between 1 pm & 1.30pm Friday 8am to 1 pm
Holidays 20days PA with 1 year gained per year of service up to a maximum of 23 days plus statutory
The Company offers a bonus for good attendance which is currently £400 per year
We value all applications, however due to the high volume of applications we are currently receiving; we are only able to contact candidates whose skills and experience closely match the requirements of our client.
Staffpoint is an equal opportunities employer and is acting as Recruitment Agency with respect to this role. By applying for this position, you authorise Staffpoint to hold your personal details on file for use in finding you a suitable position.
Staffpoint will never transfer your information to a third party without your prior written consent.